Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil

Lately, I have been reading quite a bit about Coconut Oil and its many health benefits.  Since I have been suffering with thyroiditis ever since the birth of my third child, I have been looking for some natural ways to heal my thyroid.  Coconut oil (100% extra-virgin) seems to be a great option for others with mild to moderate thyroid issues.  Though I have heard of other individuals with severe thyroid diseases that are now off their medication because of supplementing with coconut oil.  However, I am not endorsing this so I suggest everyone talks to their health professional before going off medications.
In addition, I have heard that it may be a great weight loss supplement; though, there has not been extensive research on the matter. I have been reading through the website The Coconut Diet that has some interesting information.  Again, I am well aware that it has not been well-researched as of yet.  But for some of us who have been suffering from chronic diseases, with no relief from medications, this website may be worth a read.
For myself, I have been suffering a variety of thyroid symptoms since the birth of my son.  My blood levels and ultrasound are normal so I have been looking for some other treatment options.  My natuorpath had recommended Coconut Oil, so I will be giving it a try to see if my symptoms improve.  I will keep you posted!
I just came across this video about Coconut Oil and Thyroid Benefits that I found very interesting!!




No comments: