Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hyperthyroidism and Exercise


As a sufferer of hyperthyroidism, sustaining a healthy exercise regimen can be difficult at times.  In my situation, I have had symptoms such as weight loss, fatigue, and muscle weakness.  Since I am a very active individual by nature, a hyperthyroid condition can impair the body when combined with exercise if I am not careful.  For example, I have lost a lot of weight with this condition so I need to make sure that I do light exercise as combined with a nutrient, caloric-dense diet. In addition, with muscle fatigue, exercising for long periods of time can be taxing on my body.  I listen to my body on such days and know that plenty of rest is best.  The ideal situation for me is that exercise helps me maintain a positive outlook on my health and wellness.  I believe balance is the key and knowing what you can tolerate with your particular hyperthyroid symptoms.
So what are some exercise guidelines for those with an overactive thyroid?
THYROID PROBLEMS AND EXERCISING  - LIVESTRONG.COM

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  ~Judy Garland


No comments: