Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finding Balance With A New Pace Of Life! #sweatpink #fitfluential #runchat

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.  ~Anatole France

With the change of a new job these past weeks, I have definitely felt a sense of redefining who I am.  After almost 7 years of defining myself as a stay-at-home, to now be a working mom, brings a whole new meaning to my life (I know it's cheesy, but it is true).  I feel like I have left a chapter of my life behind which as brought sense of loss. A new life of working full-time while finding balance with my family and taking care of myself has been very challenging.  There have been many moments of fears and doubts.  I know everything will take some time to figure out.  I guess I feel like I have to prove to everyone that I can indeed do it all.  But I am becoming aware that is impossible, no matter how hard I try to make it happen.

Relaxing with my chai latte in my favourite room.

Through all this busy transition, I realize how I have neglected myself emotionally and spiritually.  I used to take a lot of pride in myself for this, but have been very disconnected in mind and body.  Without knowing where to turn for help, I recently sought the assistance of a therapist from Sephira Healing.  She focuses on women's health through massage, lymphatic drainage and energy balancing.  She had provided a "breath of fresh air" into my life again!  My most recent appointment was very enlightening and inspiring.  She revealed to me that the reason I have felt so disconnected with my body is because I don't trust my body.  I absolutely agreed with her!  Since my health had become so poor 18 months ago, that I am so anxious about how I eat.  I never fully realized how traumatic the experience was for me and how I am dealing with it all.  I am so motivated again to start healing my spirit.



 Good Friday Morning Run

This new transition has also inspired me to get back to fitness!  I am so excited to start teaching fitness classes again, as well as enter a half-marathon coming up this spring.  This new journey has opened so many possibilities for me.  I want to strive to better myself as women, wife, and mother.  Nothing seems more empowering then doing all the things in your life that you were meant to do!

SASKATOON MOMS IN MOTION TRAINING TEAM
Walk/Run and Boot Camp Teams


No comments: