Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Empowering Moms Through Fitness! #saskatoon #yxe #sweatpink #fitfluential


When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.  ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
It is April 13 and I am running in the snow!!

When I became a mother, I never realized it would affect my life in so many ways.  It redefined who I am and how I perceive life.  Before I only had to think of myself and husband.  Now with three children,, I can hardly find time to think or take care of myself.  Everyday is chaos and I find myself hanging on by a small thread.  
However, I realize now how important it is to take care of yourself in order to be an attentive and loving mother and wife.  Fitness, eating healthy, and good sleep, keeps me in a good mental state.  There are times when I can't always find this balance since every day can be unpredictable, and trying at times.  But when I am healthy I feel that I can handle all those challenges that come with motherhood.
 5K Training Team
 
That is why I am such a great supporter of the Moms In Motion philosophy.  The mission to help mothers take time for themselves through fitness.  As mothers, we need to share our joys and struggles of motherhood to realize that we are not alone in our thoughts and feelings.  And pursuing this while exercising makes a lot of sense.  There is nothing I miss more in off season then getting up early on Saturday morning and meeting my mom's group near a local coffee shop close to the river.  We walk/run, laugh, share, cry...you name it!  I feel fulfilled in helping provide this service for moms in my community.  It has helped me feel acceptable in the ways I mother my children and am a wife to my husband!

Paleo Meal Of The Day

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of Cauliflower, chopped
  • 1 Red Pepper, diced
  • 1 Yellow Pepper, diced
  • 1 Large Zuchinni, cut into quarters
  • 1 Onion, chopped
  • 1 Avocado, diced
  • Juice of 1-2 Limes
  • Minced Garlic, 2 cloves
  • Mango Curry spice, 3 tsps.
  • Bag of Shrimp, almost thawed
  1. Steam cauliflower.  Once they are soft, mash.
  2. Place all ingredients except for shrimp and avocado in a wok pan.  Bake until vegetables are almost tender - 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Add shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes.
  4.  Place the shrimp stir-fry and avocado over the cauliflower. 
  5. Enjoy!

Walk/Run Teams and Boot Camps Teams Starting In May

 






1 comment:

Sharron said...

Great blog! It's good to have blogs on healthy eatting and living!!!!!