Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Remembering What Is Important #fitfluential #sweatpink #yxe #saskatoon

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."
~Thornton Wilder

 LOL! I picked the wrong mitts before setting off for my run.  I think my daughter would enjoy this!
This past Monday was one of those typical Manic Mondays!.  The regular morning chaos ensues when getting three kids out of bed, making breakfasts, packing lunches, drop-offs...there is barely any time to think!!  No matter how much I adore my family, there are times when I remember how simple life was before children.  Then, of course, I hear of the tragedy at the Boston Marathon and it brings back perspective and the things that you treasure the most.  Especially when the tragedy includes children, it makes me want to grab all of my little ones, hold them tight, and tell them several times how much I love them.
I know on this day, I found it so hard to get motivated to go out for a run.  In my city, the cold and snow is staying strong and it is hard to want to get my butt outside to exercise.  As I was slowly dragging my butt out the door from my office to head out for my workout, I noticed that I had accidentally grabbed my daughter's mitts.  I know how frustrated I get at times and wish life could slow just down.  These mittens brought a huge smile to my face and warmth in my heart.  When I am hanging on in my life by thread, I remember that I wouldn't have it any other way.  Even though time get tough, I know how lucky I am to have a great family!
Another lift to my spirits was making my favourite, super easy meal fave  - Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce.  If some of you are nervous about eating spaghetti squash - DON'T!  This is one of the healthiest meals you will ever eat and it is simple to make!


Ingredients:
  • 1 Spaghetti Squash
  • 1 lb. Organic Ground Beef
  • 2 Jars of Organic Primavera Tomato Sauce (I bought one that has little sugar and sodium)
Directions:
  1. Cook Spaghetti Squash at 400 degress for 1 hour.  Be sure to poke several times with a fork and move around half way through to cook evenly.
  2. Brown ground beef. Add tomato sauce and cook on low heat until desired temperature.
  3. When Spaghetti Squash is finished, let it cool for 10 minutes.
  4. Cut off the top of the squash, then cut it half.  Scrape out the pulp and seeds in the middle.
  5. With a fork, pick away at the strands and put into a pasta dish
  6. Add meat sauce and enjoy!

GET READY TO SWEAT IN 17 DAYS!!

 

No comments: