Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Diaper Doo Doo's Are No Match For A Fit Mom!!

It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born.  This is not necessarily cause for alarm.  The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money. 
~Elinor Goulding Smith
I apologize if this blog post grosses out any non-parents out there.  In my blog title I mention Diaper Doo Doo's which is exactly what I am going to talk about.  So this past week was going to be the week of getting my life organized with house chores, fitness, and birthday parties.  Then out of no where, my almost 2 year old had to have the absolute worst dirty diapers all week then I have ever seen.  My husband and I joked that they were almost non-human!!  Anyways, these little poopy instances really affected my week of getting things together.  It seemed like the timings of his little accidents were at the worst possible times.   I can re-call 3 separate times where I was just getting ready to go for a workout, only to have to change out of my workout outfit due to his leaky pants.  As well, as soon as we were leaving to the house to get somewhere (and probably running behind) he would do it again!!  A few days I had to leave work early because he made a mess so many times in daycare that they didn't have any clothes left to put him in.  Honestly, the laundry was never-ending all week long!

On a cleaner note, our other child had a very special day.  Our little gal  will be 5 years old today.  She is such a special thing, and I am so thankful everyday that she is part of our family.  I have never known such a small person to have such a huge and gentle heart.  I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming, and also can't believe she is getting so big at the same time.

To celebrate, we went to our favourite local restaurant some delicious dinner.  After two tough workouts of Group Power and Group Centergy, I was so ready for this meal.  And the even better part of the meal was that there were no dirty diapers to tend to.  Happy Birthday to everyone!




No comments: