Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Week 1 of Marathon Training- Training While Mothering

I always loved running... it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power.  You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.  
 ~Jesse Owens
 My first week back at training was so hectic!!  I think all of my muscles in my body were crying for mercy by the end of the week!  Recovering while mothering when your are training is one of the hardest things.  I remember 10 years ago when I would workout hard for a couple hours then come home and spend my day in a warm soaking tub, then proceed to have a nap.  Now I am lucky if I can get a quiet, relaxing bath for 5 minutes without having someone knocking on the door because they need something.  And...good luck  if I can ever fit in a nap!  So I know I need to be patient with the progresses I make through the week because they won't be easy!

On a very exciting but nerve wracking note, I finally signed up for the Regina Queen City Marathon in September.  It has always been in the back of mind that I planned on running this race.  But when I finally did registered for it, I really thought I was going puke!!  A marathon is such as huge challenge and commitment.  My over achiever personality always likes to pursue big challenges, however, I am really nervous if I can actually train enough to prepare for this race.  Just thinking about it makes me feel like puking again!!
On a positive note, I talked with my Team BeachBody Coach and I am so excited to get started!  Training for marathons with the support I will get through fitness programs and nutrition from Team BeachBody will be an excellent combination.  My Shakeology is in the mail and I hope it gets here very soon because I am ready to begin!


ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE??


No comments: