Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

New Fit Goals: Marathons & BeachBody #sweatpink #fitfluential #girlsgonesporty

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.  
~Victor Frankl

It is finally sunglasses weather in Saskatchewan and I am happy! 

So now that I am out running again, I really want to focus on new goals for this season.  I was so upset last year when I trained so hard for the Rock n'Roll Las Vegas last year, only to have some health issues arise again.  I decided to take a few months off of exercise to heal and take better care of my body.  I believe that I had perfected my diet so much to the point where it was too strict.  Along with my intense exercise training, my body was probably reacting to not getting enough nutrients that I needed to sustain my routine.  So taking these last few months off was very therapeutic for me.  I learned to enjoy eating a variety of foods again, and not over analyzing every little thing I put into my mouth.  I also learned to enjoy having the odd cheat meal now and again and not beat myself up over it.

 
My Before BeachBody Pic.  See..there are some abs their somewhere :)
 

One of my biggest goals right now is to incorporate more weight training in to my routine.  I would really like to tone myself up a bit, especially my tummy.  It is not surprising that after having 3 kids, that my tummy would be a bit on the flabby side.  I am so proud that I had been able to carry 3 kiddies and I know that I may not get the 6-pack I had before having them.  But I have always took pride in my core fitness.  I may not get the wash board abs, but I want to try as best as I can!  So I have decided to recently join Team BeachBody as a participant and a health coach.  I joined this group for a few reasons: to keep me accountable to my goals and to help others achieve their goals as well.  I feel I have a lot of offer through my own experiences losing weight, as well as my background as an Exercise Therapist.  I want to help coach those towards their goals, whatever that might be.  It could be losing those few extra pounds, getting in shape, or preparing for an event.  Sometimes we just all need a little coaching now and again.  Even for myself who is highly motivated with my fitness, I could always use encouragement.  I have researched this site a few times and I am so excited to get this started, today!
 
In addition, I have always really wanted to run a marathon but have been too scared to do it.  It is not necessarily because of how I will think I will feel during the race, it is more that I am afraid that I will come in last!  I think I will sign myself up again for the Rock n'Roll Las Vegas Marathon in November.  If I did come in last, at least I am in another country and nobody knows me (LOL)!
 
 

If you want to join me on my BeachBody Team and we can support each other together towards our fitness and wellness goals, please visit my team page!

 



No comments: