Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting Back on the Wagon

Workout: 20 minute run, 7 mins. abs, 5 min. stretch
Mood: Tired but feel content

Well my first week "back to it" did not go exactly as planned. Of course, family life got in the way as usual of my fitness goals. However, it was a tough week because of several birthdays and Mother's Day (Hooray for Moms!). I have realized since being a mother that life happens and not everything goes according to plan. You have to be flexible and not guilty for when your family needs you. There has to be some type of balance that everyone can agree with.
This week I am going to try to incorporate some running into my routine. Today I went out for a jog in the warm, sunny weather. I ran for about 20 minutes until my legs started to give out on me. It is hard to imagine that I used to be able to run for an hour a few years ago. I remember trying to build up to that point and, this time, it should be no different. Perhaps I can make it to 30 minutes by the end of the month.

No comments: