Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

MAY GOALS: GET OFF MY BUTT & START SETTING GOALS


I have always wondered why it is so hard to get motivated to workout but so easy to "fall off the wagon". I guess most would say that after having your 2 children, your body has made some odd changes. In addition, having kids definitely sucks some of the energy from you.
So I made the decision to write some specific goals to help reach my fitness goals. I sat down and wrote out my SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time Based) goals and here is what I came up with for this month.

S - To lose 8 lbs. (2 lbs per week)
M - 1 month
A - Yes. The healthy way to lose weight is 2lbs. per week, so I have given myself enough time.
R - Definitely. I have the support of my family (take care of the kids), resources (local gym) and my in depth knowledge in physical activity.
T - I think my time frame is appropriate considering I am a busy WAHM.

I am hoping that this will give me the motivation this week to stick with my workout plan. Hope you enjoy my first week of getting back into shape.

No comments: