Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Eat Clean Paleo Recipes: Pumpkin Waffles with Maple Glazed Apple Slices #eatclean #glutenfree #dairyfree

I am challenging myself in 2013 to tackle on my new Paleo diet head on!  The only problem is, I don't have any clue how to cook any Paleo meals.  I originally thought that I would only be eating egg whites and meat every morning! Not very exciting if you ask me.  However, after researching many Paleo websites and books, there is so much variety when it comes to meals!  I had never even heard of coconut flour which is apparently a great substitute in Paleo baking.  I now feel that this diet can be possible and not boring!!
So one of my first ever Paleo recipes was from PaleOMG, Pumpkin Apple Spice Waffles.  Luckily, I had a can of pumpkin puree in my cupboard for this scrumptious breakfast treat.  Overall, I would say that these waffles turned out pretty good.  They fell apart a bit when I opened the waffle maker because both sides were stuck.  However, I did manage to get the back together.  When I topped them with the baked, glazed apples, it was the icing on the cake.  I dare you to give these a try!  Go the PaleOMG for the recipe!  And to make it extra Paleo, add some egg whites or meat to your meal!

Want to Eat Clean in 2013!
Join my Eat Clean Pantry Group and start your year to off right!

Available in Canada Only!

No comments: