Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Mom, Fitness and Hormones Update - #Paleo Diet in 2013 #sweatpink #fitfluential

It is Paleo diet for me in 2013!  Since succumbing to ill health this past year, I have learned so much about how foods can affect your overall health.  In the Western world, we have all been introduced to the Canadian or American Food Guides that state the foods and portions we need to eat for optimal health benefits.  But the truth is that our society is still plagued with serious diseases and these food recommendations are not helping overcome this.  What is even more disturbing is that they could be contributing to our ill health.
Until this past year when my body became extremely toxic, I had enjoyed consuming high carbs and dairy products as is greatly emphasized in the food guides.  However, I was 30 lbs. over my normal weight and my health was deteriorating.  It wasn't until I eliminated those foods from my diet that I started to see great improvements in my overall health.  My extra weight was starting to come off and I had more energy than ever before.  I started to enjoy exercising again, which I didn't have the motivation for when I was unhealthy. 

So naturally, I had gravitated to the Paleo diet and have vurrently started to implement these changes in my meals.  I think the thought of eliminating grains and dairy in our Western culture can seem like a challenge, but it is actually quite simple.  There are many Paleo recipe books, blogs and websites that can assist anyone in making this change.  I know that I am not a nutritionist or dietitian so I can't make the claim that this is the diet for you.  However, if you have had ill health or weight problems and they have been impossible to overcome, then perhaps trying a Paleo diet may help you over that hurdle.  From this past year, I know that making a drastic diet change is not easy (because nothing in life is ever easy).  But there are many resources on the Internet at your disposal.  You just have to take the plunge and commit.  I know I will!

Paleo Diet Lifestyle - http://paleodietlifestyle.com/

My Eat Clean Pantry Group Will Be Starting in January 2013!
Join our group of 11 people for a year to better health!
(Available In Canada Only)

No comments: