Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Picking Myself Up and Gettin' Back To It #runchat #sweatpink

 (Me at our hotel, Flamingo)

Well...after my trip wonderful trip to Vegas with my husband, I have come back with a renewed sense of self.  As some of you know, I was unable to run in the Rock n'Roll Half Marathon due to injury and my nagging health issues (Candida and IBS).  It was so hard for me to watch the race going on while watching from the sidelines.  I had felt so close to achieving this goal of mine to run a half marathon since having children.  Instead my health had gone from okay to worse again over the fall, and I just couldn't justify training for the half marathon when I felt so poorly.  However, taking this much needed break has been a time for me to focus on getting better slowly and not rushing my body into something it is not ready for quite yet.  I realized that I needed to give myself a chance for my body to heal through this difficult year of poor health.  I must say, that it has paid off because that is exactly what I needed.
(Rock n'Roll Marathon in Las Vegas)

One of the best moments of the trip to Vegas, was to re-connect with my husband without our children with us.  This is the first time in 7 years we had taken a trip together for more than a couple of days.  We appreciated having this time to relax throughout the day and do anything we wanted whenever we wanted!  It is a luxury that you don't appreciate very often before you have children.  My husband Mickey and I had a wonderful time eating breakfasts outside in the warm weather as well as watching magnificent shows in the evenings.  And, of course, we had to do a little shopping (LOL).  So the trip did not feel like a waste for me since we didn't run in the race.  It was a chance for us to have time to ourselves, and we took full advantage of it!
 (A relaxing breakfast with my husband outside the Paris hotel in Las Vegas)

So now, with 2013 fast approaching, it is time to re-focus and get back to my game plan.  I am hoping to take time this winter to work on core and strengthening exercises to get ready for the spring running season.  I have a few running events in sight for next year.  One is running in a trail run in the Alberta mountains as well as registering the Las Vegas half marathon next year in December.  Of course, there will be several that I will be running in throughout the year that I will announce in 2013.  I am most excited about getting together with my mom's running group!  I sure miss those Saturday mornings getting together with other moms, as we share our fitness goals as well as life in general (and that after run coffee time).  I am not sure what this year will hold for me health wise, but you go to always have hope to keep yourself going!

JOIN OUR SASKATOON MOMS RUNNING GROUP FACEBOOK PAGE!



No comments: