Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getting Fit In This World Called Motherhood! #sweatpink #fitfluential #ggshangout


I am writing my post while my sick little guy is having some much needed sleep!!  Poor little man was up most of the night with the fever and flu.  It just had to happen on the evening before my first rigorous training workout of the year.  Of course, I didn't get up at 5am this morning to head off to the gym since I only accumulated about 2 hours of sleep last night.
The thing about motherhood and fitness, is that you need time in your training plan to account for common family life occurrences such as illnesses, sports, birthday parties, and other activities.  I would love to say that  my training program progresses in a perfect, linear state.  But the reality of life will make this next to impossible.  Even for those who do not have children, life is still full of surprises and distractions.
It also seems difficult when you are mother to get your fitness plan implemented every day of the week.  I find this even more so this year after the birth of my third child, that the more kids are in the picture, the harder it is to find time to exercise.  We can not predict what our lives will be like with our children on a day to day basis.  There may be an evening that I would like to fit in a 45 min. spin exercise, but if my daughter has a big assignment that will take up most of the evening and needs my help, the spin bike probably won't happen.  Today I feel like a total zombie, so my motivation to exercise today is next to nothing.
So my point is that we as mothers can't be hard on ourselves when our fitness training doesn't go as planned every single day.  It is just not possible and sets unrealistic expectations on ourselves.  I think we need to be flexible and set goals that are attainable in the sense that it allows for unexpected family occurrences, but also allows for the much needed mommy our children deserve.
On a positive note, I tried a new breakfast Paleo recipe called Pumpkin Granola from PaleOMG.  It was better than I expected.  Absolutely no grains were included in this recipe.  I topped it off with coconut yogurt, which made it extra scrumptious!  At least I can say that I will be able to stick to my diet today!


To all you mothers out there, enjoy the chaos of the day whatever that might be!


Want to Eat Clean in 2013!
Join my Eat Clean Pantry Group and start your year to off right!
Next group will be starting January 15th!
Available in Canada Only!


No comments: