Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

TGIF Fit Tip: Mommy Early Bird Catches The Exercise #sweatpink #fitfluential


Before I became a mother, I would never dream of getting up at 5:00am to exercise.  Now that I am, I couldn't imagine fitting it in at any other time of the day.  With all of my children's school activities along with my work schedule that consumes most of my evenings, there just wouldn't be the time or motivation to fit it in! 
This is one of my top fit tips to my mommy clients.  However, I know the reality with children and their sleep schedules and sometimes we just don't get enough sleep already in our day.  That is why I suggest that mothers set aside at least two weekday mornings and two weekend mornings per week as their time for fitness.  This may be more realistic for most mamas!  It will take some planning and commitment as well as the support of your partner to take on the children for those mornings.  Here are some early morning fit tips that I have worked for me and our family:
  1. Go to bed early: It will be easier to get up at 5am if you go to bed early the night before to get the required 6-8 hours of sleep.
  2. Set alarm away from you:  I find that when my alarm is a distant away that I need to get out of bed to turn it off, it wakes me up a bit more to get goin'.
  3. Get everything ready the night before:  On the night before, I get all of my fit gear, shoes, water, protein bar, car keys, etc. organized and ready to go.  If they are easily accessible, then it makes it easier to just grab them and go.
  4. Make a deal with your partner: If your child gets up in the evening, have your partner take care of them while you get the sleep you need to get up in the morning.
  5. Reward yourself: The rewards we get from getting exercise in our day are priceless, however, we need some other motivators to get us up that early.  You can reward yourself with a tasty coffee after your workout, or a shopping treat for yourself at the end of the week.
These tips may help you find ways to fit in fitness into your day a little more realistic.  It is difficult to find time for ourselves, especially with a busy family.  It can be a reality!!  It just takes a lot of perseverance and discipline!
Want to get Lean and Mean in 2013!
Join my 2013 Eat Clean Pantry Group and start your year to off right!
Next group will be starting January 15th!
Available in Canada Only!


2 comments:

StacyWash said...

Great tips! I recently started to prepare my gym bag, run clothes, work clothes, lunches, etc. at night and it's been an immense help for me. I'm going to try moving my alarm clock into the bathroom to see if I can kill my snooze addition. I hit snooze at least twice every morning :).

Mom, Fitness and Hormones said...

We always need to try new ways to keep us motivated to get up at such an early hour!! Good for you for making the committment!