Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Training Day 40: Making Gains With Weights #sweatpink #fitfluential #plankaday

One of my favourite morning workouts to start the day is Power Class!  Most times when I get up at 4:55am, the thought of doing weights is not the most appealing.  However, when I get to the gym and my gear all set, I am ready to go!  When I started my half marathon training, I knew I needed to do some weight training.  My experience as a university track athlete taught me that the gains you make in your performance comes from gains you make in the gym.
I have to admit that I haven't hit the weights in about 6 years, since starting to have children.  I think I was a bit intimidated going back to the weight room.  I was worried that I would embarrass myself compared to all the other individuals in the room, who are predominantly male.  That is why I chose the Power class because I felt comfortable in a class setting.  Since attending class twice a week, I feel more comfortable and stronger than I did when I started.  In addition, the class is great for developing muscle endurance because that is what training for a half marathon is all about.
I know that one day I will be back in the main gym area to focus on more muscles strength.  For now, Power class is my "perfect cup of tea" for my morning workouts!
And I also got my 1:30 min. #PLANKADAY before I left the gym.  And this exercise I did do in the main weight room because I am not intimidated to show this accomplishment!!

Do you go to the weight room on a regular basis?  What is your favourite type of resistance exercise and why?

Roz Jutras, B.Sc. Kin.
Moms In Motion Coach, Sweat Pink Ambassador, USANA Health Representative

306-260-9720
1-866-515-2321
momfithormones@gmail.com
http://www.momsinmotion.com
http://www,facebook.com/momfithormones


No comments: