Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Training Day 44: Going The Distance #sweatpink #fitfluential #runchat #momsrunning

I am at the point in my half marathon training where the realization of running past 10 km almost seems like an impossible feat.  Some of my fellow runner friends make it seem so easy!  But after conquering my Day 44 training of running 11.43km, I felt very unsure if I will be able to make it to the 13.1 mile half marathon event!  I know that mentally going into this past run that I wasn't thinking very positively about it.  Instead I started doubting myself and thinking 'what a waste of time' in my day. 
As a mother who works full-time, the weekends are very precious to our family, catching up on time together.  With our already busy weekend, my mind was preoccupied with resting and relaxing.  I know I didn't properly prepare for my run mentally or physically.  I wasn't hydrated properly nor did I eat enough calories that morning sufficient enough for running the 11 km.  It definitely showed in my run my lack of prep.  I felt so awful all throughout, and felt worse after.  However, I got through it and I can be proud of myself for that.  I would definitely call this a learning experience to plan for each of my long runs.  I am hoping this next weekends long run will be a bit better then this past one.  I just have to believe that I can conquer these runs and that I will be well prepared for my half marathon in December.

Next RESET With Roz 5-Day Detox Challenge Start Tuesday, October 9th!
Orders must be in by Friday, September 28th.
Email: momfithormones@gmail.com
Phone: 1-866-515-2321


1 comment:

Jenna said...

U go girl!! Keep sweatin pink!