Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Viva Las Vegas Half Marathon Training Day 30

I can officially say that I feel like a runner!!  It is Day 30 of my training and my body feels stronger and tighter then when I started on Day 1.  I had already lost a lot of weight this year with focusing on my diet with light exercise.  However, I did not feel toned in areas of my body such as my core.  Since I have started I, religiously, perform weight training 3 times a week.  I have feel as strong as I was before I had children.  I can especially feel the difference in my hips.  After having three children, my lower back and hips would always ache after I exercised.  By focusing on core work such as my #plankaday exercises, the pain has virtually gone away.  I ran 8km today and did not feel any weakness in my back!  This is a huge accomplishment for me because I was starting to fear that I would never be able to run far again if I couldn't correct this.  It just goes to show that when you workout and eat right consistently, you will begin to see results.  It also takes time:)



No comments: