Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Best Gift To A Mom - Kiddies Sleepover at Grandparents!

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. 
~Franklin P. Jones



All parents need a little chillaxing time here and then.  My children sleeping over at grandma's house can be the perfect remedy for a stressed out mommy, even if it is for only one day.  How many times do I get to relax outside on the deck in the morning to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee with no interruptions or screaming?  That would be almost never!!
So I am taking full advantage of this me time with my husband to soak in the sun on our new bistro patio set (my birthday gift)!
 A relaxing morning on the deck!

Speaking of birthday gifts, my 34th birthday is coming up on Monday.  It is sort of sad that at this point my life, I could really care less whether I celebrate my birthday with parties and presents, or not.  Don`t get me wrong, I am highly appreciative when someone gives me a gift and tells me a ``Happy Birthday``.  But I wouldn`t be upset if I didn`t get a big bash.  It is such funny how your priorities change when you become a parent that I am more excited for my children`s birthdays then my own.  I guess because the greatest gift anyway is having a family to share with it.  So instead of receiving birthday gifts, I just want to make birthdays wish (or wishes):
  • To learn to relax and not stress over the little things
  • To wish for myself and my family health and happiness
  • In pursuit of my passions (fitness, nutrition, etc.) I will take in all in as a process and not beat myself up when all doesn`t go according to plan

Happy Weekend Everyone!



No comments: