Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back In My Runners...Again!!


Photobucket 
 Out for my morning jog at the lake!

For the first time in a few years, I am putting on my favourite Saucony sneakers and heading out the door to do what I love to do - RUN.  I wish I could say that my love for running has motivated me to keep running these past couple of years, but my life has been a roller coaster ride.  Along with having three beautiful children, I have suffered post-partum depression and severe food sensitivities (yeast, wheat, dairy), and that has it has dampened my spirits to exercise.  Before becoming a mother, which is the best job in the world, I was a highly energetic personal trainer and fitness instructor.  I had a very busy and active lifestyle.  Since having my children, my lifestyle has changed somewhat, as you can imagine.  In addition, I had a downpour of healthy issues which made me very doubtful that I will ever find that person I once was...a person who lived and breathed running.
This year has been a lot of work to get my body and energy to a place where I feel healthy enough to start running again. I was so nervous because I feared that my body would reject this old activity that I had missed so much.  On my first short run last week, I was just about in tears!  The run felt so wonderful I didn't want to stop.  But I know as a fitness that running further would not be a good idea for acquiring injuries.  I was so emotional because I had been fighting for this moment for so long.  I felt a glimmer of who I was, who I am meant to be.  I do realize, however, that I will never be the exact person I was.  Too many things have changed in my life.  The time with my family is the most precious to me.  My new diet regimen is one that takes time during my day to plan and prepare.  But if I can find a way to give myself a piece of my past into my day with running, I know I can live with that fact.

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all.  ~Emily Dickinson

No comments: