Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

My 21-Day Meditation Challenge


My New Meditation Sanctuary

One item on my bucket list this fall is to start a deeper meditation practice.  I have tried for years to incorporate meditation into my daily routine but, as a mother, there never seems to be a time for just myself in a silence.  Since my husband is on a vacation this summer, this seems like the perfect time to start!
I am currently reading a book by Lisa Coffey called What's Your Dharma?: Discover the Vedic Way to Your Life's Purpose. I have read such rave reviews about Lisa and her take on Vedic Sanskrit.  There are four yoga paths Lisa mentions as our guides to better understanding who we really are.  They are Bhakti Yoga (LOVE), Karma Yoga (WORK), Jnana Yoga (KNOWLEDGE), and Raja Yoga (MEDITATION).  After taking the Dharma Quiz from the book, my answers revealed that I was most likely to be a Raja Yoga, which I was not surprised.
So I decided to take this opportunity with the time that I have, to give meditation an honest try.  I joined The Chopra Centre's 21-Day Meditation Challenge starting next Monday, July 16th.  It is a guided meditation series for anyone wanting to enrich their lives through this practice.  The best part is that the series is FREE!!
If you are interested in joining me on this journey, go to WWW.CHOPRA.COM for more information.  I would also recommend reading Lisa Coffey's What's Your Dharma? for tips to living your life's full purpose.

No comments: