Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Mint Tea May Ease Digestive Upsets


I had written a few weeks ago about the benefits of Ginger and tummy upsets.  There is a lot of research supporting the affects of Mint Tea with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).  It may help ease IBS symptoms and act as an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.  This is great news for individuals like myself who are experiencing IBS symptoms.  I am experiencing another Candida outbreak in my digestive system, so I have been consuming a lot mint tea in the last couple of weeks.  Candida causes major imbalances in the digestive tract, that can cause sever IBS symptoms.  I take mint tea, specifically Spearmint, in loose-leaf tea form following meals.  If there is research behind the benefits of this herb, than I am more than willing to give it a try to relieve my symptoms.  It may be taken in many forms, so if you are considering taking this herb for relief of IBS, I would recommend seeing a Naturopathic doctor for guidance.  All herbs should be considered as medicinal and should be treated as such (my little tidbit for the day).

References:

No comments: