Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ginger Tea...A Tummy Soother



(Note: The lighting on the video may not be great!!  I am on vacation at the lake!)

These past few months, I have had another bad Candida outbreak!!  Since I stopped breastfeeding my son a few months, my hormones have been wrecking havoc on my body, especially my digestive system.  I have felt so nauseous along with a whole lot of other systems.  As per usual with Candida, all blood tests are normal so it leaves someone like me to turn to my wonderful naturopath, Dr. Pawha for some advice.
He recommended the usual: Probiotic, Psyllium Husks, Aruvedya diet and, now, Ginger Tea.  I remember someone telling me about Ginger Tea when I had morning sickness with my pregnancies, but I didn't think about it in my current condition.  My naturopath, who was born and raised in India, stated that Ginger has incredible healing properties for tummy aches and pains such as balancing your wacky stomach acids.  It is a spice that is used quite frequently in their cooking.  Dr. Pawha also mentioned that drinking it in loose-leaf tea form or grating raw ginger root on your foods is the best way to received the full benefit of this spice.
I would love to hear your thoughts about Ginger Tea.  Have you ever tried it?  How did you feel?

No comments: