Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day 3 Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon Las Vegas Training #mamavation #sweatpink #runchat #fitfluential


Today's run felt like such a great accomplishment.  I had been a little nervous because I hadn't conquered this distance since my children were born (5 years ago).  After having children, your body changes a lot!  I have found that my hips are little weak due to the stretching of  ligaments and muscles in pregnancy (oh...the joys of pregnancy hormones).  I know that I will have to work on strengthening that area of my body if I want to sustain my longer run workouts without injury.
In addition, I didn't feel like disappointing myself.  I have found that when you write out your workout plan, it always looks great on paper, but applying it to your real life can be a challenge.  Since I had pre-planned this run from the beginning, I knew that I was going to adhere to it no matter what.  I didn't let my busy day of running around after kids become an obstacle in my goal to run a half marathon in Las Vegas.  The truth is that my kids need to see their mom taking time to take of herself.  I know it will be an adjustment for them because I had not done this over the past few years.  Thankfully, I have a supportive husband and family that know how important this is to me and are willing to help out.  I can't wait to take on this challenge and will do so day by day!

Workout:
  • Ran 8.60km in 51:42 minutes
  • Burned an average of 534 cal
  • Average pace was 6:00 min/km
  • At the end of workout I did 3 sets of push-ups, tricep dips and plank (held for 30 seconds) **Check out #plankaday on Twitter**
  • Before I went to bed I did a long stretch
 Meal Plan:
  • Breakfast: Egg White Omelette with Feta Cheese, Red Pepper, Spinach and Asparagus
  • Lunch: Dairy-free and Low-fat Fettucine Alfredo on Rice Pasta with Vegetables and Salmon
  • Supper: Ground Beef Tacos on Corn Shells and Cucumber
  • Snacks: Protein-Shake and Low-Sugar and Gluten-Free Apple Muffin; Hummus, Crackers and Almonds; Small bowl of Almond Butter Granola with Rice Milk
 
 We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.  Action always generates inspiration.  Inspiration seldom generates action.  ~Frank Tibolt




No comments: