Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vegan Living Recipes: Scrambled Tofu #vegan #whatveganseat #fitfluential

I was a little nervous trying Tofu as a newbie vegan.  It was mostly because of the negativity I heard from others about its taste and texture.  For my new vegan meal ideas, I needed to give it a try to incorporate alternative protein sources in my diet.  After giving it a try, I did enjoy it in this recipe.  The texture is definitely different from eggs scrambled, but a great alternative.

1 Onion (chopped)
2 Garlic (minced)
2 cups Spinach (organic)
1 tsp. Tumeric
1 tsp. Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
8 oz. of Firm Tofu (non-GMO)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil (organic)

  1. Heat oil in non-stick pan.  Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes.  
  2. Add spices and spinach.  Cook until spinach is cooked. 
  3. Break  tofu into small, crumbly pieces.  Add to vegetables and remove from burner
  4. Enjoy!
Contact Me!

No comments: